Due to the impact of Hurricane Ian, Governor DeSantis issued an executive order effective 9/23/2022 which waives all late fees for registration renewals for 60 days. Late fees also waived for other Tax Collector transactions. Learn more here.
If you had a reservation during our office closures, we will honor your reservation for the next 2 weeks, or you can reschedule for a time that is convenient for you. We hope you and your loved ones are safe following the storm.
- You must have a business located in the county in order to use BTExpress.
- An Email address is required for the application process.
- You will need to know information about the business to answer the questions in the application. BTExpress will ask for information such as the Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN) or Social Security Number (SSN) associated with the Business tax receipt.
- You cannot save your application in BTExpress and return to it later. If you abandon your application before submitting it and your browser session expires before you return to the application, you will lose all the information entered and will have to start over.
- Be thorough when describing the type of business to avoid delays in processing or your application being rejected. We need to know what type of product or service you provide to your customers.
- Business location is required to have a physical address (a PO box is not an acceptable business location)
- Please do not submit duplicate requests on BTExpress
- If you need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our contact center at 813-635-5200 or email us here.
Once your application is submitted, confirm your request through the link sent to the applicant’s email. If you do not receive your confirmation email, check the junk/spam folder of the email account used.
A representative will review your application and you will receive an approval email with a link to review, pay, and print your business tax receipt. Please allow 3-5 business days to review the application once you complete the email confirmation.
After you receive your approval email, you will be able to print a new business tax receipt online.